Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Proverbial Bar!

Ok, so after reading my last blog I talked to Aimee (one of my favorite people and I value her opinion tremendously) and she wanted to read my proverbial bar post. I posted this as one of my blogs on my MySpace page and I haven't really edited it for this blog but here it is not in its entirety but here it is....

This is a copy and paste and I am afraid that the formatting didn't quite work out the way I wanted it to but....

The proverbial BAR...

The imaginary bar that we set when we set a goal.
Most of you know that I am a goal oriented person. I like to set goals work to achieve them, and then move toward something bigger and better, right?
Well, I have set some goals and here they are....
I will be an administrator in the public school system within the next 5 years. Don’t get me wrong, I love to teach. I love working with my students. I want to make things better for them. Better for my students. Better for the kids that come after them. I am a fixer. I am not happy unless I know I am making a difference. As a teacher, I think I am making a difference. I hope that I touch my student’s lives and help to make their lives a little easier and a little better. I hope that for ALL of them they become something better than they ever dreamed of. AND I know none of my students will read this but I hope that when they make something of themselves they think of me, even if it is for a fleeting moment, when they experience whatever it is that makes their dreams come true.

Now on to someone to share my life with...
I have set this bar, this filter for the next man that comes into my life.
I am putting this out there hoping to get some feed back and see if MY FRIENDS think that I am crazy of if this "filter" is too fine. To see if because of my past I have limited my future. Opinions count. I will take them into consideration but you all know what opinions are like, EVERYONE HAS ONE!!! I may or may not choose to listen. Most of you all know that I hear them and it is my choice whether or not I take yours into account when making or altering my decision....

1. He will be an equal in many ways.
a. financially/economically
1. We will both work to strive for financial freedom for ourselves and for our children (his and mine).
b. academically/intelligence
c. passionate AND compassionate
a. Passionate about goals, beliefs, helping others, and helping himself.
b. He will have compassion for others and he will show it, regularly.
2. He will have an exemplary background
a. NO criminal background!
3. He will love children as much as I do.
4. He will love being a part of a family.
a. Family will come first.
b. We (he and I) will be important.
c. His children, (if he has any) my children (cause God knows I have some) will be important.
d. We will thank God for them every moment we get a chance.
5. He will want more out of life than just sitting and watching it pass by.
a. Travel
b. See and do things we have never done before.
c. Experience things we have and experience them again together.
6. He will be gentle, patient, kind, caring, fun-loving, and love to laugh.
7. He will NOT be co-dependant.
a. No drugs, no alcohol, no other women!!!
8. He will be able to tell me NO when I need it and yes when I need it.
9. He will love me for what and who I am and NOT for what I can do for him or for what he thinks I can be.
10. I will love him for what and who he is not for what he can do for me or for what I think he can be.

1 comments:

award said...

7a.! You got it right! It is a great "filter". You will get the best when you look for it with BOTH EYES OPEN! Nice work.